A delicious and nutritious black bean and corn burrito with salsa and guacamole that’s perfect for a blood pressure-friendly lunch.
Black Bean And Corn Burrito With Salsa And Guacamole
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels(fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper,diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- Salsa, for serving
- Guacamole, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the black beans, corn, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook until the vegetables are tender and the beans and corn are heated through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the cumin, chilli powder, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave or on a griddle.
- Spoon the black bean and corn mixture onto the tortillas, and top with salsa and guacamole.
- Roll up the tortillas,tucking in the ends to prevent the filling from falling out.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- For a lower sodium option, use no-salt-added black beans and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Customize your burrito with your favorite toppings, such as shredded cheese or diced tomatoes.
- This recipe makes 4 servings.