Omron is undeniably the most popular brand for BP monitors. But is the Omron Silver Blood pressure monitor worth the money? Let’s find out in this review.
Heart ailments are steeply increasing, and part of the blame shall be attributed to your ignorance towards routine medical checking and lack of proper wellness.
Blood pressure monitors are one of the important home medical devices that can help you live your life at its very best, and in fact, it is a must-own device in the current scenario.
These devices provide you with critical info about your heart so that you can make yourselves healthy by repairing faulty routines of your life.
Omron Silver is one such leading BP monitor, which is currently the second highest rated in the Amazon marketplace.
But does it stand a chance against some of the newcomers in the market? Why do people love this product despite its old-school look?
Let us explore in this review the Omron Silver Blood Pressure Monitor and understand its features, in-the-box contents, settings, working, and a lot more.
So without adding more words here, let us jump into the depth of this article.
What Is Omron Silver BP Monitor?
Omron Silver Blood Pressure Monitor is an innovative and phenomenal product brought into the marketplace by OMRON Healthcare, Inc., based in California, United States.
It is a plug-and-play blood pressure measuring device that comes with a cuffed tube that connects to a mini air pump with a sensor that measures your blood pressure.
This is a wireless, portable monitor with Bluetooth for better connectivity, enhanced access, and overall product usage.
Besides, this device has a simplistic design, but the results and features that are presented by this monitor are anything but simple and insignificant.
The product’s credibility can be seen in the fact that it has been able to dominate the marketplace with its standards for the last two decades.
The manufacturer OMRON corporation, in fact, is known for selling over 100 million home-use blood pressure monitors to date.
Best alternatives to Omron
What Makes This Blood Pressure Monitor So Special?
Seeing the prestige that the product has in the marketplace, there must be some good enough reason for that to happen. The features presented by this product are simple to understand yet so effective that just having the product with you can lead to making a difference. And following are some of the features that led to Omron Silver having such respect:
- Accuracy: The device has been equipped with the most advanced technology available to the common folk. Therefore, the results of this device are as accurate and real as they come.
- High blood pressure indicator: The monitor screen will display “HIGH” in bold characters if the person has a blood pressure higher than average, and then the readings.
- Arrhythmia indicator: A symbol on the screen displays if the person has an irregular heartbeat and notifies of the extent of the irregularity.
- Advanced averaging: This device takes up to 5 data point readings of a person at a single check. And then, it averages using its advanced algorithm to provide the most accurate result for the individual.
- Connectivity: The device can be connected to a smartphone for better interchange or sharing of data between the two devices.
The OMRON connect app can connect your smartphone or Alexa to the monitor. By doing this, you will be able to receive all the blood pressure readings on your mobile phone.
This way, you will be able to keep an accurate record of the previous readings for a longer time. In addition, this app utilizes Bluetooth connectivity to promote data sharing between devices, which is quite convenient.
How Is The Design Of This Product?
This compact, wireless blood pressure monitor of dimensions 5.98”x4.13”x3.34”. And that is not it. Instead, Omron Silver BP Monitor is:
- Lightweight and easy to carry, weighing no more than 4.6 ounces, including the entire setup for the BP monitor.
- It has an inbuilt cuff detection program to assess if the cuff is correctly wrapped around the arm, and this is informed for an accurate measurement.
- Sensitive and powerful sensors detect even minute changes in blood pressure up to 2 mm/Hg.
- Some sellers provide a long-life rechargeable battery, or you can put in your standard AA battery.
- It has impressive built-in storage to record up to 80 blood pressure readings simultaneously.
- Synchronizer features to indicate if your smartphone is connected to the device or not.
- Has a single-touch operation making it easier for a senior citizen to use it without much hassle.
What To Expect In The Box?
There is a set of accessories that are included with the order of the Omron Silver BP Monitor. These accessories include a cuff wrap of n appropriate length that can warp around a person with an arm circumference of 9 to 17 inches.
Besides those, you can also find:
- An AC wall adapter to recharge your monitor whenever the battery is low or before continuing for your travels.
- A set of 4 AA-sized batteries need to be inserted in the battery slot.
- Carry-on storage case, in which you can carry around the blood pressure monitor when in need.
- A quick-guide book to help you get through the entire procedure of the usage of the device. And warranty card to specify the due period.
How To Measure Blood Pressure With Omron Silver Blood Pressure Monitor?
To measure your blood pressure, wrap the cuff tie around the upper part of your arm, just above your elbow. Tighten the warp to help take an accurate reading.
Next, insert the plug-in at the end of the cuff tie to the blood pressure monitor. After the successful connection, press the start button on the device.
This will activate the device’s automatic inflators and inflate the cuff wrap and compress your arm. After 20 to 25 seconds, the wrap will loosen, and in the meantime, your blood pressure will be recorded for you.
The readings will be displayed on your BP Monitor screen as well as on your smartphone. So you can easily use those for future reference.
Omron Silver BP Monitor Real Customer Reviews
Despite the fact that Omron is one of the leading manufacturers of blood pressure monitors, this product scores a humble 4.0 out of 5 stars according to various surveys.
Unlike others, Omron Silver has price variation across different sellers and form factor, which is excellent for the competitors. Still, this is one of the best-recommended products out there.
Let us read some of the comments shared by verified users:
An anonymous user wanted to find a perfect BP monitor for his young son, and he is so satisfied with how the cuff fits on the skinny hand and gives accurate results. Here is what he had written:
“Good for skinny arms and others
I need to take my son’s and my blood pressure quite often. Tried some of the other BPM that don’t wrap and didn’t find they were very accurate. I’m confident using this for both of us. HIs arm is very skinny and this one can be tightened to work perfectly on him and then on my arm. It comes with the ability to keep a history and to communicate the reading to others and best of all, a case to put all the parts and instructions in for travel of storage.
The only suggestion I have is for the mfct to include the instructions in case you don’t want to get them online. It’s pretty intuitive, so I didn’t really need the instructions but some others might.”
Jelle is so happy with this purchase, except for one thing where she finds it unreliable when measuring with the shirt on. She wrote:
“ Great, except for one thing
I bought this for home to monitor my blood pressure daily since I was recently diagnosed with hypertension and wanted to monitor while beginning new medications to stabilize it. This is a trusted brand, no doubt about it. They are pretty accurate as well. Mine always matches a manual reading pretty closely. Its also easy to use and I love how I can pair it with the app through Bluetooth to log all my readings automatically. This way it’s convenient to share with my doctor at an appt or even just for my own reference.
The only flaw is that this bp cuff has a sensor on it for sleeves so if it senses you have a sleeve on and not on your bare arm, it will cause an error. But it tends to give you that error even if you don’t have a shirt on! That’s the only thing that has bothered me about this product. It doesn’t do it all the time but enough times to irritate me occasionally. Even if I try to adjust it or switch arms. Eventually I give up and try later and then it works. Not sure what’s causing it to give me that “shirt sleeve” error code. Other than that, it’s really great so I deal with it!”
Omron Silver BP Monitor: What’s The Price And Where To Buy It?
You should buy this product from the official website:
Comes in single purchase option:
OMRON Silver Blood Pressure Monitor – $83.89
*Omron doesn’t directly market this product, instead sells it through trusted third parties like Amazon, Walmart, CVC Health, etc.
- The shipping policy is as per the e-commerce seller policy
- Usually, online delivery is within 2- 4 business days after ordering.
- Product packaging is made in a secure corrugated box with all accessories.
- Payment is as per the third-party seller policy.
- The best price is offered by Amazon & eBay
- HAS and FSA eligible brand.
Pros & Cons
Omron Silver Review: Final Verdict
Even in its simple and convenient design, this device can provide a clinically accurate result. Moreover, the performance offered by this device is second to none. As a result, this device has been able to manage its identity in the market to date.
With a customer satisfaction rate of over 85%, this product is a blessing for people who needs to constantly monitor blood pressure. This machine is undoubtedly an easy recommendation considering its market performance.
This device provides you with the opportunity to be in touch with your heart. Omron Silver is your thing if you are a single user and need a pocket-friendly BP monitor.
The smart features may not be the best, but still, it offers Alexa support and a bunch of other features that can surely classify this product under smart BP monitor.
The only caveat might be the price tag, which varies from website to website and from store to store since Omron is selling it through third parties.
If you want to know why other smarts are one step ahead, then you might want to check some of these best blood pressure monitors.