TheEMTSpot is a true culmination of knowledge, research, and science that your heart was seeking. We will provide you with basic knowledge to listen to your heart and understand when it needs help.
Effective Date: May 30, 2022
Last Updated: August 30, 2022
We may change this policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the policy, and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as by adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification). Please check this page when you access the services to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, write a review, respond to a survey, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, interact with us via chat, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number and any other information you choose to provide.
A Note about Customer Reviews
Information We Collect from Other Sources
If you create or log into your account through a social media site, we may have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, user ID, account information, information that you have made public, and friends lists, according to the social media site’s data practices and your privacy settings on that social media site.
We may also collect demographic information about you from third parties, including data brokers, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources. We may also receive information about you from our business partners, such as those companies who have created an account with us as Accredited Members. This information may include name, city, state, email address, phone number, and order number or account number.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, application version, access times, pages viewed, time spent on pages, clicks, website technical errors, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use different technologies to collect information, including cookies, pixels and local storage, implemented either by us or a third party. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count site visits. Pixels are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and ad campaign effectiveness. Local shared objects are stored on your device and used to provide video or animation, or collect information for analytics. For more information about cookies and trackers and how to disable them, please visit “Your Choices” below or our Cookies Policy.
How we use information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our services. We may also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by TheEMTSpot and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of TheEMTSpot and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards; and
- Carry-out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
How we share information
- We may share information we receive about you with our service providers who need access to such information to provide services to us on our behalf.
- We may share consumer reviews we receive from you with the companies that are the subject of the review and with our affiliates or other entities with whom we have a business relationship. These entities may post these reviews on their respective websites.
- We may also share information (including your first name and, in some cases, your email address) from comments that you have posted on our web site, forms you have filled out, and other submissions, with our business partners, who may use those submissions for analysis and marketing purposes.
- We may disclose information if we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so to comply with the law or legal process, such as in response to subpoenas, courts orders, or requests by government authorities, law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may also disclose information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property or safety of TheEMTSpot or others.
- As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, or during related negotiations, we may share user information.
- We may share information between and among TheEMTSpot and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control or ownership.
- We may share your information when we otherwise have your permission.
Online analytics and tailored advertising
For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. Your device may also include a feature (“Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS or “Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads” or “Opt Out of Ads Personalization” on Android) that allows you to opt out of having certain information collected through apps used for behavioral advertising purposes.
We use reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Transfer of Information to the United States
The Services are hosted in the United States. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
When we transfer personal data from the European Union or Switzerland to the United States, we comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss – U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States, respectively. TheEMTSpot has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, we are committed to resolving complaints about our processing of your personal data. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our compliance with the Privacy Shield program should first contact us. We have further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit https://www.jamsadr.com/file-an-eu-us-privacy-shield-or-safe-harbor-claim for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you.
Under certain conditions, you may be able to invoke binding arbitration to resolve your complaint. TheEMTSpot is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission.
If we share personal data transferred to the U.S. under the Privacy Shield with a third-party service provider that processes such data on our behalf, then we will be liable for that third party’s processing in violation of the Privacy Shield Principles, unless we can prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Your European Union and Swiss Privacy Rights
If you are in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., providing the Services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- You have provided consent for us to process your personal data.
Data Subject Requests
If you are in the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you are in Switzerland, you have the right to access, correct or erase the personal data we hold about you. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected].
Questions or Complaints
If you are in the EEA or Switzerland and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority where you reside. For contact details of your local EEA Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm. For Swiss residents, contact details of the Swiss data protection authority, the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact/address.html.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
Information access and account cancellation
If you wish to deactivate your account or request that we no longer use your information, please contact us at [email protected]. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Cookies and Trackers
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies, although some Services may not function properly if you disable cookies. If you do not want to receive tracking pixels, you will need to disable HTML images in your email client, but that may affect your ability to view images in other email that you receive. Please see the Adobe website for comprehensive information on how to delete or disable local shared objects known as Flash cookies. Also, this site uses Google Analytics. To opt out of Google Analytics please visit https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
Promotional Communications by Email or Text Message
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from TheEMTSpot by following the instructions in those emails or by contacting us as noted below. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
To opt out of receiving text messages from TheEMTSpot.com at any time, text STOP to the short code from which the text message was sent to the enrolled mobile device or reply to a text from us with the word “STOP.” A confirmation message of your opt out will be sent to your mobile number but no additional messages will be sent to you unless you opt in again.
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device or to your desktop via your browser. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings within your browser or on your mobile device.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us as noted below.
What are Cookies?
- Cookies are small data files stored on your browser or device. They may be served by the entity that operates the website you are visiting (“first-party cookies”) or by other companies (“third-party cookies”). For example, we partner with third-party analytics providers, like Google, which set cookies when you visit our websites. This helps us understand how you are using our Services so that we can improve them.
- Pixels are small images on a web page or in an email. Pixels collect information about your browser or device and can set cookies.
- Local shared objects (also known as “local storage objects”) allows data to be stored locally on your browser or device and includes Flash cookies, HTML5 local storage and browser cache.
|Category of Cookies
|Why we use these cookies
|These cookies are essential for our services to function properly. Like the other cookies we use, technical cookies may be either first-party cookies or third-party cookies.
|We use these cookies to remember your settings and preferences. For example, we may use these cookies to remember your language preferences.
|We use these cookies to help identify and prevent security risks.
|We use these cookies to collect information about how you interact with our services and to help us improve them. For example, we may use these cookies to determine if you have interacted with a certain page.
|We use these cookies to help us understand improve our services. For example, we can use these cookies to learn more about which features are the most popular with our users and where we may need to make improvements.
|We and our advertising partners use these cookies to deliver advertisements, to make them more relevant and meaningful to visitors to our website, and to track the efficiency of our advertising campaigns, both on our services and on other websites.
- Although most browsers and devices accept cookies by default, their settings usually allow you to clear or decline cookies. If you disable cookies, however, some of the features of our services may not function properly.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
- For information on how our advertising partners allow you to opt out of receiving ads based on your web browsing history, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info/. European users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising through the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.
- To opt out of ads on Facebook, Pinterest, or Google that are targeted to your interests, use your Facebook, Pinterest, or Google Ads settings.
How we deliver dependable, accessible, and precise information
At TheEMTSpot.com, we are dedicated to offering dependable, accessible, and precise information so our readers can effectively manage their blood pressure. We follow a thorough editorial process to assure we’re delivering the most accurate and up-to-date content.
Our editorial process is the core of our operations. It allows us to ensure that every piece of information we publish meets our lofty standards.
Our team crafts and modifies all content based on the four tenets of our editorial process:
- building and maintaining trust
- adhering to high journalistic principles
- emphasizing precision, empathy, and inclusion
- regularly reviewing and updating content
These tenets guarantee that our readers can always find the timely, science-backed information they need.
1. Building and maintaining trust
Though health information is widely accessible, it can often be puzzling, overwhelming, inaccurate, irrelevant, or inaccessible. Our mission is to rectify this.
We provide content that is reliable, precise, evidence-based, comprehensible, accessible, empathetic, and actionable.
We encompass both the physiological and psychological aspects of hypertension, aiming to enhance overall wellness. We cover a broad spectrum of topics and viewpoints impartially and objectively to arm people with the information they need to efficiently manage their blood pressure.
We acknowledge that every individual’s circumstances, experiences, and preferences differ, hence we advocate for inclusivity and empathy. We are here — without judgment — for everyone aiming to improve their health.
2. Upholding high journalistic principles
Visitors come to TheEMTSpot.com for accurate information, so it is our duty to uphold high journalistic standards. Our news and educational content is unbiased, balanced, timely, actionable, research-backed, honest, and comprehensive. Through our feature content, we share personal perspectives with empathy, honesty, and respect.
Here’s how we ensure we meet these standards:
- We meticulously select contributors and provide regular training: Our in-house editorial team spends time selecting expert writers and contributors. We evaluate our content creators for subject matter proficiency and relevant life experience. We train them on research and sourcing best practices, and provide regular feedback and ongoing coaching.
- Every piece of content is checked by experts: A medical professional or professional fact-checker reviews every piece of content for precision. TheEMTSpot’s network is composed of healthcare professionals with varied expertise from research institutions, professional organizations, and private practices. Their clinical practice, research, and patient advocacy experience provide a valuable perspective to their knowledge of hypertension and related fields.
- All partner brands are thoroughly vetted: Our Brand and Content Integrity team investigates the business practices of partner brands, and evaluates their health claims against the current body of scientific evidence.
- Experienced medical editors create our consumer drug information: A team of experienced medical editors collaborate with PharmD writers and medical reviewers to create our consumer drug information. These experts answer readers’ questions, and present complex pharmaceutical information in a clear manner.
- Our News team keeps up with new information: Our dedicated in-house writers and freelancers produce our news content. The News team delves into the latest hypertension research every day, keeping readers up-to-date on current health trends.
- All content is thoroughly checked to ensure it meets our standards: Our editorial team works on every piece of content before it is published, double-checking to ensure it meets our stringent editorial standards of clarity, precision, quality sourcing, and inclusive and empathetic language.
3. Emphasizing precision, empathy, and inclusivity
Our goal is to ensure that every piece of content we publish is comprehensible and accessible to our readers. As such, we follow a proprietary style guide based on the Associated Press Stylebook. This guide instructs our writers and editors to focus on readability, clarity, empathy, inclusivity, practical application, quality sourcing, and clear citations.
Though our voice is friendly and welcoming, we also strive to be transparent, bold, and forward-thinking. We employ conscious, empathetic, and respectful language that encourages inclusivity and compassion. We tell judgment-free stories and make intentional choices to dispel stigma and stereotypes, and to prevent injecting bias.
At TheEMTSpot, conscious language is an enduring commitment. We regularly interact with community advocates and study language trends within health communities. We choose our words cautiously, aiming to prevent stigma and empower our readers.
As language evolves, so do we. We understand that health affects each of us differently, so we respect people’s choice of words when sharing their personal stories. We believe we can’t truly support our readers unless we place them at the center of everything we do. Our choice of language reflects this commitment.
4. Continuous monitoring and updating of content
Health information is constantly evolving. New research is published, outdated concepts are debunked, and terminology becomes outdated.
At TheEMTSpot, we continuously monitor and update our content to share the most current and accurate information possible. To achieve this, we have dedicated teams of editors and experts who focus on identifying and updating inaccurate or unclear information.
Our Medical Integrity team keeps track of changes in care standards, new clinical guidelines, drug approvals or recalls, and major practice recommendations. The team informs our editors and partners so they can update our content to reflect the latest, most accurate, and most useful information.
Our content may include a variety of dates:
- Writer date: The date when the content was written and published.
- Medical review date: The last date when a medical expert reviewed the article.
- Updated date: The date when our editorial team updated the content to include the latest, most accurate information.
We monitor and update content in various ways:
- Regular audits: We perform regular audits of our content to address changes in language, medical terminology, and new preferences among health communities.
- Annual brand vetting: We reassess vetted brands on a yearly basis and update content referencing those brands to reflect any changes in the brand’s performance against our vetting criteria.
- Daily timely updates: Our News team keeps track of changes in ongoing stories and publishes timely updates on the most significant health news of the day.
- Immediate action from feedback: We welcome reader feedback on our content and take immediate action to address any potential issues. When a reader points out a potential issue with our content — such as inaccurate, outdated, unclear, or contradictory information — we take immediate action.
Our editorial process, designed for our readers
At TheEMTSpot, our readers are our foremost priority. We aim to be a supporter in everyone’s journey to better manage their blood pressure. Our editorial process guarantees that we can provide the most accurate, relevant, and accessible content possible.
We are continually striving to improve, and we value your input if you think we could be doing better. If you have any questions or comments about the accuracy or usability of our content, or believe an article is outdated, you can easily let us know by visiting this page.
For Informational Purposes Only. The contents of TheEMTSpot.com, such as text, graphics, videos and images, and any other websites under our control (collectively, the “Site”) are designed for educational purposes only and are not intended to serve as medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The information provided on the Site should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you have a health problem, you should consult your health care provider.
Nothing on our Site is intended as a recommendation or endorsement of any tests, companies, procedures, products, opinions or other information that may be mentioned. Any reliance on any information provided by anyone on our team, others appearing on the Site at the invitation of the website and/or other visitors to the Site is solely at the user’s risk.
There may be risks associated with participating in activities mentioned on Site especially for people in poor health or with pre-existing physical or mental health conditions. So check with your medical professionals before participating in such activities or purchasing any products or services if you are in poor health or have a pre-existing mental or physical condition. If you choose to participate in these risks, you do so of your own free will and accord, knowingly and voluntarily assuming all risks associated with such activities. Statements on the Site, including any about products or services, may not have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are NOT intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Purchasing Products. If you purchase any products: Please make sure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients. Pregnant or lactating women should consult a doctor before using following any content on the Site or using any product or service. Do not exceed recommended amount. Excessive intake of any product may cause adverse reactions. Consult your doctor before use if you have, or have had, ANY HEALTH CONDITION. Discontinue use and consult your doctor if any adverse reactions occur, such as allergic reaction. OUR PRODUCTS ARE NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18.
Safety Disclaimer. Note: If you are pregnant, nursing, diabetic, on medication, have a medical condition, or are beginning a weight control program, consult your physician before making any other dietary changes. Discontinue use if allergic reaction occurs.
FDA Disclaimer. Information, programs and products appearing on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA. The programs and products described herein are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Always consult your physician or health care professional before starting this or any other health and wellness program. If you are under the age of 18, pregnant, lactating, are allergic, have any other medical condition, please consult a physician before use. Discontinue use if any allergic reaction occurs. Diabetics: Use only under direct medical supervision. KEEP PRODUCTS OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
Results May Vary. Results may be greater than or less than those depicted on this website and can be influenced by other factors, including your metabolic rate, energy expenditure, and diet. As with any health or fitness program, a sensible eating plan and regular exercise are required in order to achieve long-term weight loss results. Testimonials, case studies, and examples found on the Site apply only to the individuals depicted, should not be considered a typical experience, don’t apply to the average person and are not intended to represent or guarantee that anyone will achieve the same or similar results.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Reliance on any information provided by TheEMTSpot, TheEMTSpot employees, others appearing on the Site at the invitation of TheEMTSpot, or other visitors to the Site, is solely at your own risk.
TheEMTSpot is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and various other affiliate programs.
It means that sometimes we get a commission through purchases made after clicking links on our website.
The commission is paid by the retailers, at no cost to you.
Note that not all links published on TheEMTSpot are affiliate links.
Why do we do this?
Money earned keeps TheEMTSpot running and allows us to do what we love for a living.
Thank you for your support.
If you have any questions, concerns or would like to collaborate with TheEMTSpot, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Conforming To Accessibility Guidelines
At TheEMTSpot.com, our team of web developers has always been fully committed to making all aspects of the website as accessible as possible. Our goal has always been to make it as easy as possible for people with any type of disability to consume our content.
We constantly review changes in the W3 Content Accessibility Guidelines to ensure that we don’t unintentionally cause barriers for people with disabilities.
Better Accessibility Through Feedback
While the W3 Content Accessibility Guidelines provide a great framework for content websites to implement new accessibility features, nothing can replace real-world user experiences from our readers.
That’s why we have always been open to all feedback from visitors to our site who may rely on certain accessibility features.
If you have encountered any problem that makes using our website more difficult, please use the contact page to send us a message.
All we need is the URL of the page that is causing trouble and a quick description of the problem, and our development team will work on finding a solution.
To ensure that the TheEMTSpot website is fully compliant, we constantly analyze new web pages for all accessibility features provided by phones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers.
We ensure that all of these features comply with accessibility standards and recommendations:
- Labels on static and dynamic input forms
- Keyboard and mouse accessibility integration
- Color contrast
- Easy text zoom features
- Descriptive video and image captions
- Closed captions on videos
- Easy to understand link descriptions
- Easy to view and navigate menus and forms
- Clear HTML heading structure for text content
Continuous Accessibility Assessments
Our development team has created a robust quality assurance process to ensure that all web pages comply with accessibility standards. This involves both manual and automated testing, including reviews by people with different types of disabilities.
As technology changes quickly for accessibility features, we constantly review those new technologies to ensure that we work towards a more inclusive website for all of our readers.