This quinoa and black bean salad is a healthy, blood pressure-friendly dinner option. Packed with flavor and nutrients, it’s easy to make and perfect for busy weeknights.
Quinoa And Black Bean Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly and drain. In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the quinoa and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, black beans, bell peppers, red onion, avocado, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, cumin, salt, and pepper. Pour over the quinoa mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
- If you want to add some extra protein, you can add some cooked chicken or tofu to the salad.
- You can also add some diced tomatoes, corn, or jalapeno peppers for some extra flavor and texture.