A delicious and blood pressure friendly Quinoa and Vegetable Bowl with Grilled Tofu – perfect for a healthy and hearty lunch!
Quinoa And Vegetable Bowl With Grilled Tofu
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 large yellow squash, diced
- 1 package extra-firm tofu, pressed and sliced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Add the garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper, and sauté for another 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the black beans, zucchini, and yellow squash to the skillet and sauté for another 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the beans are heated through.
- In a separate skillet or on a grill pan, grill the tofu cubes over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned and crisp.
- To assemble the bowls, divide the quinoa and vegetable mixture among four bowls, top with the grilled tofu, and serve hot.