This shrimp and avocado salad is a refreshing and satisfying meal that’s perfect for a blood pressure-friendly lunch.
Shrimp And Avocado Salad
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Add the shrimp, avocado, red bell pepper, red onion, mixed greens, and cilantro to the bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- If using pre-cooked shrimp, make sure it’s thawed before adding it to the salad.
- Feel free to customize the salad with your favorite veggies and herbs.
- To make the salad more filling, you can add a serving of cooked quinoa or brown rice.