Healthy and delicious Steel Cut Oatmeal with Apples and Cinnamon – a heart-healthy breakfast that’s packed with fiber and anti-inflammatory ingredients for great blood pressure.
Steel Cut Oatmeal With Apples And Cinnamon
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 apples, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- Pinch of salt
- In a large saucepan, bring the water and milk to a boil.
- Stir in the steel cut oats, diced apples, cinnamon, and salt.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the oats have absorbed most of the liquid, remove from heat and stir in honey.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Steel cut oats take longer to cook than rolled oats, so make sure to plan accordingly.
- For a creamier texture, use all milk instead of water.
- Adjust the sweetness to your liking by adding more or less honey.