Enjoy a delicious and blood pressure friendly breakfast with Whole Grain Pancakes with Almond Butter and Honey – high in protein, fiber, and healthy fats!
Whole Grain Pancakes with Almond Butter and Honey
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Optional toppings: sliced bananas, fresh berries, additional almond butter and honey
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the almond milk, egg, almond butter, honey, and vegetable oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour the batter onto the skillet or griddle.
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Serve the pancakes with your favorite toppings, such as sliced bananas, fresh berries, or additional almond butter and honey.
- Make sure to use unsweetened almond milk to keep the recipe low in sugar.
- You can substitute any type of nut butter, such as peanut or cashew butter, for the almond butter if desired.
- To keep the recipe vegan, you can substitute a flax egg or egg substitute for the egg.
- You can make the batter ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days.