If you have hypertension, you may have to make lifestyle changes. You may use essential oils for high blood pressure to alleviate the symptoms and feel better.
- When used aromatically, essential oils can help to reduce blood pressure by promoting relaxation and reducing stress.
- Some of the most effective oils for high blood pressure are lavender, juniper, and frankincense. These oils may be used individually or in combination to help manage high blood pressure.
- Essential oils may be used in diffusers, baths, and massage oils. It’s best to dilute these oils before use.
If you’re on the hunt for ways to lower your blood pressure, you may be considering using essential oils. Aromatherapy with essential oils has been shown to effectively reduce blood pressure in some people.
However, it’s crucial to do your research before using essential oils, as some can interact with the medications you’re taking. You may use essential oils alongside prescribed medication and lifestyle changes to manage high BP.
In this article, we’ll talk about essential oil’s effect on high blood pressure. Also, learn which ones to use to target a specific symptom to feel better.
Blood pressure is the force that’s exerted by blood against the arteries walls. When this force is too high, it’s called hypertension. High BP can damage your arteries, heart, and kidneys and lead to stroke, heart failure, and kidney disease.
The great news is that essential oils may help reduce high blood pressure. Aromatherapy with essential oils has been shown to lower blood pressure in people with hypertension.
People who receive a massage with lavender oil tend to have lower blood pressure in comparison to those who receive a massage without oil.
Inhaling rose oil for five minutes may calm you down and lower your BP. You may also have a foot bath with lavender oil and experience its effects in lowering pressure.
Many different essential oils can help to manage high blood pressure. Rose, lavender, rosemary, and basil are among the most popular essential oils.
These oils can be used in a diffuser or added to a bath or massage oil. Here are some of the best options if you are looking for a specific oil to help manage your high blood pressure.
- Lavender oil is popular for its calming effects and can help reduce stress and anxiety.
- Rosemary oil is a good choice for people who have high blood pressure caused by stress. It may help to improve circulation and promote a healthy heartbeat.
- Basil oil is a good choice for people who have high blood pressure caused by a poor diet. It can help to improve digestion and reduce inflammation.
- Eucalyptus is a great essential oil to use if you are feeling stressed out, as it can help to calm and relax you.
- Clary sage oil may help in reducing anxiety levels and thus lower blood pressure.
- Jasmine oil may relieve tension in the nervous system.
- Helichrysum is known for its hypotensive properties that may work as a natural relaxant to reduce blood pressure.
- Valerian essential oil may ease insomnia, heart palpitations and lower blood pressure.
Essential oils are potent natural oils extracted from plants and flowers. They’ve been used for centuries for their therapeutic properties. Moreover, they have been shown to be effective at lowering blood pressure in numerous studies.
Essential oils are acclaimed for their ability to kill bacteria and fungi and to improve moods. They are also beneficial for reducing anxiety and may be used for the treatment of a variety of skin conditions.
Essential oils can be used to help manage high blood pressure in a few ways. One way is to use them in a diffuser. Another way is to put a few drops on a cotton ball and inhale them.
You can also put a few drops of oil in your hand and cup them over your nose and mouth and inhale deeply. You can also put essential oils in a bath.
Here are a few effective tips that may help you do just that.
- Make sure you are using high-quality essential oils.
- Start with a small amount and increase gradually.
- Dilute strong essential oils with a carrier oil before use.
- Do not use essential oils if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Check your BP every day and learn more using a blood pressure chart.
There are a few risks and benefits to using essential oils for high blood pressure. Some risks include interactions with medication, insufficient research on long-term use, and potential skin irritation.
You may have to patch test or use it in small quantities to see how you feel after using essential oils. Some of the benefits include lowered blood pressure, improved circulation, and a reduction in stress levels.
They may also calm down the nerves and headaches and reduce heart palpitations. Overall, using essential oils for high blood pressure is a safe and natural way to lower and improve your health.
Consult with a healthcare professional before using essential oils to treat high blood pressure.
Essential oils offer a natural way to lower blood pressure and can be a valuable addition to any high BP treatment plan.
You may start with one essential oil, such as lavender or lemon oil, and see how your body responds. It’s essential to do your research and talk to your doctor before using them to make sure they’re the right fit for you.
Make sure you monitor your BP at home when using such natural remedies. You may also include blood pressure-lowering supplements to support your health.