Savor a heart-healthy dessert with our Baked Pears & Vanilla Ice Cream recipe. Low in sodium, high in flavor! A delightful treat that’s blood pressure friendly.
Baked Pears With Vanilla Ice Cream
- 4 medium-sized ripe pears, peeled, halved, and cored
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups low-sodium, low-fat vanilla ice cream
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and lightly grease a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Place the pear halves in the prepared baking dish, cut side up.
- Drizzle the honey mixture evenly over the pears.
- Bake the pears in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until they are tender and caramelized. Baste the pears with the honey mixture every 10 minutes to ensure they stay moist and flavorful.
- Remove the baked pears from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- To serve, place two pear halves on each plate and top with a scoop of low-sodium, low-fat vanilla ice cream.
- Make sure to choose ripe pears for this recipe, as they will be more flavorful and easier to bake.
- You can adjust the level of sweetness by increasing or decreasing the honey according to your preference.
- If you want to make this dessert even more blood pressure-friendly, opt for a no-sugar-added, low-sodium ice cream.